Friday, October 2, 2009

More Perspective


Remember the story about the four or five blindfolded (or blind) people standing around an elephant? Each reaches out and touches the elephant and is asked to describe "elephant"...cut it short, the answers vary considerably.

Walking up the many steps to the White Dagoba on Jade Flowery Islet in Beijing's Beihai Park, one crosses several halls. Today's image does not fully capture the image I saw of the artisan working on the ornate door frame but approximates it enough that my memory fills in the rest. Fine for me, I know.

While producing the frame for it, I showed it to another person, who commented that it looked like someone trying to break into a safe... Pop! There goes another bubble. Man! that perspective will get you every time.

...

It also dawned on me that I have not spelled out what I am trying to do here. Without goals, one tends to drift along, so I basically wanted to get going and make sure I was working with Photoshop on a regular basis and practising on as many different images as I could. Avoiding procrastination, as it were...or at least the rut of doing similar images all the time (i.e. gem & mineral). My goal is to try to do one image every weekday until the end of the year and take it from there. Travel (and therefore access to internet) might impede that once in a while, but one image every weekday is the general idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment